Browsing this Thread: 1 Anonymous Users
(1) 2 3 4 ... 7 »
alexciobanu alexciobanu
  • Started insulating
  • Started insulating
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Group: Registered Users
  • Posted on: 2015/8/26 14:15
[Project Log] - CANIS MAJORIS (modded Tt Core X9) - Thermaltake CaseMOD Invitational S2 #1
Resized Image

Resized Image

Hey guys and welcome to my build log for the Thermaltake CaseMOD Invitational Season 2.

So honored and excited to participate in this along such great modders who have inspired me from the start!

Thanks a lot to Thermaltake for selecting me to represent Australia and also a huge thanks to all the sponsors of this project which are of course Thermaltake along with premium partner Newegg and also Avexir, PerformancePCs, MNPCTECH, Icemodz and Ramcity. Without all of you all this would not have been possible, thank you!

You can find more info about the CaseMOD Invitational here: http://casemod2015.thermaltake.com/season2/home.html

Lets have fun with this one and hope you guys enjoy the ride.

SPECS

Case – Two modded Thermaltake Core X9s
Motherboard – ASUS Sabertooth X99
CPU – Intel i7 5930K
GPU – 2 or 3 ASUS STRIX GTX970s
Memory – 8 x 4GB Avexir Core Series DDR4 2400Mhz (4 x orange LED, 4 x blue LED)
SSD – Samsung SM951 512GB AHCI M.2 ; 2 x 500GB Crucial MX200 SSDs
PSU – Thermaltake Toughpower Grand 1200W Platinum

Cables – Icemodz custom sleeved cables

Radiators – 4 x Thermaltake Pacific RL480 Radiators
Fans – 26 x Thermaltake Riing 12 High Static Pressure LED Fans - Orange, Blue and White
Pumps – 2 x Thermaltake Pacific PT40-D5 Silent Kit Reservoir/Pump Combo with Thermaltake Pacific T11 Reservoirs
Reservoirs – 2 x Fully Custom Reservoirs and 2 x Thermaltake Pacific R33 Reservoir
Fittings – Various Thermaltake 16mm Rigid Compressions fittings , right angles and extension fittings as well as some soft tubing compression fittings for 3/8” ID x 1/2” OD tubing that I will be using in some spots. Also a few Bitspower pass-through fittings.
Tubing - Thermaltake V-Tubler PETG Tube 16mm OD
CPU Block – Thermaltake Pacific W1 CPU Water Block
GPU Blocks - Thermaltake VGA Water Block for ASUS STRIX-GTX 970
Coolant – Mayhems Aurora 2 Silver base concentrate and a combination of Mayhems Dyes in Red, Yellow and Blue to achieve the desired coolant colour

Lighting – Icemodz RGD LED Strips

Other – Thermaltake Commander FT – Touchscreen Fan Controller, 3 x Vandal Momentary and Latching switches for custom power button as well switch for the reservoir LEDs, custom MNPCTECH case feed, MNPCTECH machined aluminum fans grills and acrylic grills for the radiator fans as well as some modders mesh.

The theme of this build will be a sci-fi space theme such as the banner suggests and it is named after one of the largest stars known to man, VY Canis Majoris. I also draw inspiration for this project from the awesome game Elite Dangerous though not sure if I will implement any aspects of the game into the build as of now. The colour scheme will be a dark grey/gun metal, black, orange and blue.

As for the mods to the case you will be finding that out as I go along with the build log but yea I will be stacking two X9 cases.... with a twist

The packages received from Thermaltake were larger than my entire desk area

Resized Image

Resized Image

Here's a quick look at the cases!

One of them still intact and the other one is gutted empty, only the panels remain

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

These cases are massive, here's a size comparison with an iPhone 6Plus for those of you who are not familiar with the X9 case.

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

And now I know you guys like the modding so here is the start of it!

I do wanna apologise from the start for the phone pics but there is no way I can take out the DSLR when doing this

Will do my best to show everything as I go along and once all the work on the case is done I will take proper pics of all the bits.

So here we go, out with the dremel and jig saw!

Resized Image

Resized Image

Small incision with the dremel and fire away with the jig saw.

Resized Image

Resized Image

Out it comes.

Resized Image

Just a frame left of the X9... for now

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Still a lot of filing to do and heaps more work to come. Hope you guys will enjoy this one!

Stay tuned for more.

Cheers,

Alex

Edited by alexciobanu on 2015/8/27 2:20:31
Edited by alexciobanu on 2015/9/10 15:15:57
rewarder rewarder
  • Webmaster
  • Webmaster
  • From Zürich CH
  • Group: Registered Users Webmasters
  • Posted on: 2015/8/26 14:24
Re: [Project Log] - CANIS MAJORIS (modded Tt Core X9) #2
Awesome! One project finished and you're already on the next one Alex! Great stuff man!

Damn ... I'm curious what you're going to make out of these two monsters, especially since you've successfully removed all features from the first one so far
LucaRocchi LucaRocchi
  • Started insulating
  • Started insulating
  • From Milan, IT
  • Posted on: 2015/8/26 14:29
Re: [Project Log] - CANIS MAJORIS (modded Tt Core X9) #3
Lol double X9, together you can build a sweet home for dog
alexciobanu alexciobanu
  • Started insulating
  • Started insulating
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Posted on: 2015/8/27 3:57
Re: [Project Log] - CANIS MAJORIS (modded Tt Core X9) #4
Quote:

rewarder wrote:
Awesome! One project finished and you're already on the next one Alex! Great stuff man!

Damn ... I'm curious what you're going to make out of these two monsters, especially since you've successfully removed all features from the first one so far

Thanks a lot, yea it's a really busy time for me atm, I have so much more stuff coming too

Will make sure to post build logs for everything. Still need to finish the Parvum Formula build as well but that has been put aside for the moment to focus on this build.

Quote:

LucaRocchi wrote:
Lol double X9, together you can build a sweet home for dog

Haha yea for sure but the other X9 won't be a full case, just wait and see

alexciobanu alexciobanu
  • Started insulating
  • Started insulating
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Posted on: 2015/8/27 4:02
Re: [Project Log] - CANIS MAJORIS (modded Tt Core X9) - Thermaltake CaseMOD Invitational S2 #5
Hey guys!

Just wanted to share and showcase the items Mnpctech will be providing to use for this build!

Mnpctech Machined aluminum "Diamond Knurl" PC Case Feet in Anodized Black, http://mnpctech.com/pc-computer-stereo-desktop-case-feet/

Resized Image

Mnpctech 100% Aluminum Expanded "Diamond" pattern Perforated Mesh for making fan guards, grills, cooling vents, window overlays, http://mnpctech.com/case-mods-gaming- ... lotted-diamond-round-hex/

Resized Image

Mnpctech 480 Quad Open Air Radiator grill Frame (4x120mm, 4.120mm) Open Air grill fits radiators and measure 5-7/8" x 5-1/8" wide with 15mm spacing, http://mnpctech.com/pc-computer-alpha ... -quad-radiator-grill.html

Resized Image

Machined aluminum "Overkill" Custom PC Fan Grills rings, http://mnpctech.com/pc-computer-cooling-fans-grills-custom/

Resized Image

Heavy Duty PETG & PVC Ratchet Hand Cutter. Cuts PETG tubing up to 1.3" or 35mm outter diameter,http://mnpctech.com/case-mods-gaming- ... -ratchet-tube-cutter.html

Resized Image
rewarder rewarder
  • Webmaster
  • Webmaster
  • From Zürich CH
  • Posted on: 2015/8/27 7:53
Re: [Project Log] - CANIS MAJORIS (modded Tt Core X9) - Thermaltake CaseMOD Invitational S2 #6
Those are some really cute parts from NMPCTEch.
alexciobanu alexciobanu
  • Started insulating
  • Started insulating
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Posted on: 2015/8/28 5:54
Re: [Project Log] - CANIS MAJORIS (modded Tt Core X9) - Thermaltake CaseMOD Invitational S2 #7
Quote:

rewarder wrote:
Those are some really cute parts from NMPCTEch.

Yea sure are

alexciobanu alexciobanu
  • Started insulating
  • Started insulating
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Posted on: 2015/8/28 5:54
Re: [Project Log] - CANIS MAJORIS (modded Tt Core X9) - Thermaltake CaseMOD Invitational S2 #8
Hey guys!

Had to take out the power drill and get rid of all the rivets!

Resized Image

Lots of rivets

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

What will become of this case?!

Stay tuned to find out

Cheers,

Alex

rewarder rewarder
  • Webmaster
  • Webmaster
  • From Zürich CH
  • Posted on: 2015/8/28 7:00
Re: [Project Log] - CANIS MAJORIS (modded Tt Core X9) - Thermaltake CaseMOD Invitational S2 #9
You pretty much stripped this thing of everything it ever was :O looks like you're killing it to give it birth again
alexciobanu alexciobanu
  • Started insulating
  • Started insulating
  • From Sydney, Australia
  • Posted on: 2015/8/29 1:38
Re: [Project Log] - CANIS MAJORIS (modded Tt Core X9) - Thermaltake CaseMOD Invitational S2 #10
Quote:

rewarder wrote:
You pretty much stripped this thing of everything it ever was :O looks like you're killing it to give it birth again

Haha yea I think once I'm done with the cases, it will be a pretty unique build, hope everyone else will think the same

Re: [Project Log] - CANIS MAJORIS (modded Tt Core X9) - Thermaltake CaseMOD Invitational S2 [Build Logs / Projects] - ocaholic