« 1 (2) 3 4 5 »
LucaRocchi LucaRocchi
  • Started insulating
  • Started insulating
  • From Milan, IT
  • Group: Registered Users Webmasters
  • Posted on: 2015/6/5 7:21
Re: Nizr's W2AX - Cooltek (Jonsbo) W2 #11
Nice update, I admire who is able to play so easly with metal stuff..I'm sure I could cut all myself and lost some fingers
Nizr Nizr
  • Addict to condensation water
  • From Sweden
  • Group: Registered Users
  • Posted on: 2015/6/5 20:12
Re: Nizr's W2AX - Cooltek (Jonsbo) W2 #12
Quote:

LucaRocchi wrote:
Nice update, I admire who is able to play so easly with metal stuff..I'm sure I could cut all myself and lost some fingers

Well... I almost cut an eye out when trying to bend a plate, hehe. But I just got a scratch
I tried to clamp the plate to the table, the I started bending with my hands, and the force pulled the plate from the clamp and flew away! Guess all that dead lifting in the gym gave me something
Nizr Nizr
  • From Sweden
  • Posted on: 2015/6/15 20:50
Re: Nizr's W2AX - Cooltek (Jonsbo) W2 #13
Resized Image

Update 4 - Sponsor

Sponsor! - Not that easy for you guys to order from this one...
Resized Image
They sponsor this project with awesome spray paint!

Skapamer.se sponsor this project with Primer, Paint and protective coating (and gloves, tried without in my last project, did not end well )

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

I will re-paint the whole inside of the case. It was semi matte, i want i matte matte . I'll also have to paint all the aluminium plates that will go inside the case.
I also got some hardware incomming! Look forward to some hardwarepr0n soon!

How do you like the new style of the photos? Think i'll stick to this with future product updates!
rewarder rewarder
  • Webmaster
  • Webmaster
  • From Zürich CH
  • Posted on: 2015/6/16 9:05
Aw: Nizr's W2AX - Cooltek (Jonsbo) W2 #14
Nice one! I'm really curious to see that paint job done
Nizr Nizr
  • From Sweden
  • Posted on: 2015/7/9 20:43
Re: Nizr's W2AX - Cooltek (Jonsbo) W2 #15
Resized Image

Update 5 - Saw, brush and wash

Sponsors
Resized Image

Resized Image

Three weeks since last update, i am really sorry for that!
Theese past three weeks i've been thinking: Anodize or a regular paint job, brush all the aluminum or not? You could say i've been thinking theese past 3 weeks
I am happy to say that right now i am in a flow - things are starting to get into place and it feels great!

I have a question to you. Do you like to watch livestreams of computer moding/building? Please let me know!
Enough talking, more photos!

Resized Image
"Fångad av en stormvind" Caputed by a lovestorm (https://youtu.be/_S3YFhlEakg?t=1m49s) - No more resistance for the fans! Well. except for the dust filter ofc. And the video.. It's complicated, Something about wind - and fans and well.. Guess you understand if you are from sweden

Resized Image

Resized Image
Not verry round.. I'd rather go to small then to big thoug. The roundness is made by the help of a rasp.
Resized Image
The "floor" will be covered by this plate and painted matte black. As you can see i have to go at it with the rasp again. I need to get a Dremel...

Resized Image
All the panels that are to be painted matte black have been brushed. Just a light brushing to get some texutre. This one will go into the right chamber, cover the motherboard midplate and some cables. 

Resized Image
The aluminium plates and the frame, all brushed and cleaned. Ready for painting! This was a long evening in the workshop.

Resized Image

Until next time!
rewarder rewarder
  • Webmaster
  • Webmaster
  • From Zürich CH
  • Posted on: 2015/7/10 11:13
Re: Nizr's W2AX - Cooltek (Jonsbo) W2 #16
I think a live stream would be too much imo. A nice video with some highlights in the end would do it for me. But if a live stream would help with that ... then why not giving other folks the chance to follow it.

And ... once again! Great work!
Nizr Nizr
  • From Sweden
  • Posted on: 2015/7/10 12:54
Re: Nizr's W2AX - Cooltek (Jonsbo) W2 #17
Quote:

rewarder wrote:
I think a live stream would be too much imo. A nice video with some highlights in the end would do it for me. But if a live stream would help with that ... then why not giving other folks the chance to follow it.

And ... once again! Great work!

Thank you!
And yes, might be enough with some "action shots" with the phone and post on various social media...
Nizr Nizr
  • From Sweden
  • Posted on: 2015/7/20 18:16
Re: Nizr's W2AX - Cooltek (Jonsbo) W2 #18
Resized Image
Update 6 - Brush and paint - I am on a vacation!

Sponsors
Resized Image
Resized Image

I'm on vacation, but that do not keep me from updating the log
I've been sanding and applied a layer primer on all the parts that is to be black. I've also "brushed" the one part that wont be getting any color.
The frame of the case had, like most cases, a semi blank surface. I want it to be matte black, and i've seen the end results.. And it's great, really, rellay great!
But you will have to wait for that, in this update its's some priming only

Resized Image
I have tried several different grit sandpaper and sand"sponge" but a simple sponge, that you do the dishes with gave the best result.

Resized Image
Observe that this part will have some layers of matte coating, i think it will gave a great finish!

Resized Image
All ready to go, sanded, and cleaned with alcohol - ready for first run of primer!

Resized Image
Love this brand of spray paint! A cap with a wider "spray" and you get a great result, to get a better result an air brush or similar is what you need.

Resized Image

Resized Image
The next time you see this case and parts it will be with a finished paint job. But before that you will get a first look at some amazing hardware!

What have you been up to this week, vacation? Give me your thoughts
See you in about a week!
rewarder rewarder
  • Webmaster
  • Webmaster
  • From Zürich CH
  • Posted on: 2015/7/21 8:54
Aw: Nizr's W2AX - Cooltek (Jonsbo) W2 #19
That's a very cool trick with the sponge! I used to do this too with sanding paper and usually you end up sanding a surface for about an hour until you have an even structure in place.

Very nice paint job! I'm definitely curious to see more pics on this!
Nizr Nizr
  • From Sweden
  • Posted on: 2015/7/21 16:38
Re: Nizr's W2AX - Cooltek (Jonsbo) W2 #20
Thank you! The end result is great! And the next you see this case it will have a complete paint job and all the panels will be mounted in place!

Thanks for taking your time and writing a reply!
Re: Nizr's W2AX - Cooltek (Jonsbo) W2 [Sponsored Mods] - ocaholic