Browsing this Thread: 1 Anonymous Users
shilka shilka
  • Hardware murderer
  • Hardware murderer
  • From denmark
  • Group: Registered Users
  • Posted on: 2013/8/11 17:37
Super Flower Leadex Information Thread #1
I tought i would make a thread about this as its a brand new unit and Super Flower is not that well known a maker of power supplies

Reviews
JonnyGuru
TPU

Performance (40% of the final score) - this is NOT going to be hard... the performance of this unit was as fantastic as I have ever seen. Ripple was so low on this unit that I had trouble telling from the scope whether it was even turned on. No points deducted there. Voltage regulation was an average of 0.7% in the hot box, which is well inside the excellent range, so no points come off there. Efficiency got a pass on Platinum both times, so no whining from me in that regard. Let's face it, this unit deserves a perfect 10.

Functionality (20% of the final score) - fully modular, no points off. Lots of cables, no points off. Cable lengths are good, no complaining there. Love that fanless mode switch and the lights on the modular connectors. In fact, the only thing I can think to complain about on this unit is the continued ho-humness of the the user guide. Really, I'd like to start seeing Super Flower put some more effort into their documentation. But even that is a minor enough complaint to only pull half a point. 9.5.

Value (20% of the final score) - this unit isn't sold in North America, so I'll have to visit a foreign country again. This time, without all the high speed chases and artillery. I'll never go back to Toronto voluntarily, let me tell you. Ba-dum-tssh. Actually, we're going to PC Home Online in Taiwan for our price of $6990. That comes out to $236.68 in US dollars, according to Bloomberg. A little on the high side for a 1kW unit, if I'm being honest. But at this particular vendor, this number is considerably below the price of a Seasonic Platinum 1000W. Given the outstanding performance of both, this price is pretty much a slam dunk for Super Flower. 10.

Build Quality (20% of the final score) - sorry, SF... I have to deduct a half point for the Capxons on the modular board. Though this is not a location that will ever put any real strain on these parts, it's just the way I score these things. I also believe I will remove a further half point for fan power wire routing. Just having those be held to the modular board insulation by glue isn't quite as secure as I would like it. Perhaps moving the fan controller, mode switch, and/or fan wires so that they all run down the side of the unit that the controller is on would work out best. Meantime, I'm going to do a 9 here, which is nothing to be ashamed of.

Performance: 10
Functionality: 9.5
Value: 10
Build Quality: 9

Total Score: 9.7

Summary

Folks, Super Flower means business with this new platform. It is only a matter of time that we see this design turning up in North America, and when it does you'd best be ready to buy one. This unit makes, quite simply, an astoundingly good platform that is right on par with the best currently in the market. There is almost nothing at all bad about this unit... it's stable, it's powerful, it's efficient, and it likes getting hot. The competition should start sleeping with one eye open.

The Good:
- outstanding voltage regulation across the board
- unbelievable ripple suppression on all outputs
- defeatable semi-fanless mode
- fully modular with lighted connectors

The Bad:
- not available in North America yet

The Mediocre:
- Super Flower's user guides still could use work

Would be nice to see Rosewill and/or Kingwin or another brand use the Leadex platform as well
Attach file:

jpeg  (190.77 KB)
1_5207cb8f0ba2d.jpeg 900X661 px

jpeg  (161.02 KB)
1_5207cb97936a4.jpeg 900X576 px

jpeg  (176.88 KB)
1_5207cba0ee5b7.jpeg 900X601 px

jpeg  (167.02 KB)
1_5207cbaa4473a.jpeg 900X593 px
Edited by rewarder on 2013/8/11 18:06:15
rewarder rewarder
  • Webmaster
  • Webmaster
  • From Zürich CH
  • Group: Registered Users Webmasters
  • Posted on: 2013/8/11 17:50
Re: Super Flower Leadex SF-1000 F14MP #2
Very nice overview and insight shilka.

Do you like how I arranged the stuff? Unfortunately there is no spoiler function with this forum.
shilka shilka
  • Hardware murderer
  • Hardware murderer
  • From denmark
  • Posted on: 2013/8/11 17:53
Re: Super Flower Leadex SF-1000 F14MP #3
Yes i very much like this looks great

And i use spoilers to make the thread shorter and ues less bandwidth

But why post this under user review i dont own a Leadex i just wanted to talk about it
rewarder rewarder
  • Webmaster
  • Webmaster
  • From Zürich CH
  • Posted on: 2013/8/11 18:04
Re: Super Flower Leadex SF-1000 F14MP #4
Quote:

shilka wrote:

But why post this under user review i dont own a Leadex i just wanted to talk about it

I can also move it to the PSU forum. That's no problem.
shilka shilka
  • Hardware murderer
  • Hardware murderer
  • From denmark
  • Posted on: 2013/8/11 18:52
Re: Super Flower Leadex SF-1000 F14MP #5
Quote:

rewarder wrote:
Quote:

shilka wrote:

I can also move it to the PSU forum. That's no problem.

Thank you
rewarder rewarder
  • Webmaster
  • Webmaster
  • From Zürich CH
  • Posted on: 2013/8/11 19:03
Re: Super Flower Leadex Information Thread #6
You're welcome! We're more than happy to have more people contribute to our forums!
Re: Super Flower Leadex SF-1000 F14MP [Power Supplies] - ocaholic