« 1 2 (3) 4 »
AugustL AugustL
  • Hardware murderer
  • Hardware murderer
  • From Sweden
  • Group: Registered Users
  • Posted on: 2016/2/16 18:45
Re: Redox - By August #21
Hello everybody! I decided to post a short text update while waiting for some new parts, and I didn't want to rush an update. This update will be covering some news about the project, and also some new purchases. Great news!
EKWB decided to step in and support the project with some watercooling gear, a huge thank you to EKWB the people at  for making this possible.
I will be covering the parts I am recieving hopefully, next week. So with all that, it's not much left on this project.
Final stretch incoming!

There's also a package with a kit of Crucial DDR4 2133MHz 32GB (4x8GB) on its way to my door.
Resized Image
Next update will be covering the modifications to the fan brackets, start button and hopefully some scratch cables, if I recieve all the supplies in time. Until then, have a good time and I will see you next week!
AugustL AugustL
  • Hardware murderer
  • Hardware murderer
  • From Sweden
  • Posted on: 2016/2/25 22:18
Re: Redox - By August #22
Hello there! I thought I should throw out a little update before I take my short vacation, a few packages from EKWB Should be arriving in time for next weeks update, so expect a few new parts incoming! This update will mostly be covering the new RAM modules.
At last I recieved my set of 32GB Crucial DDR4 memory, (2133MHz, 4x8GB)
These sticks were given their special touch with old heatsinks from DDR2 OCZ Reaper ram sticks, the heatshinks were given their own rust finish to suit the build
Here we have some pictures!

Resized Image
Resized Image
Resized Image
Resized Image
Resized Image
Resized Image
Resized Image

As you can see the project is starting to come together, the only things missing are the graphics cards and waterblocks, the rest of the watercooling willbe arriving and hopefully be showed in the next update
Expect an update soon regarding the SSD's as soon as I figure out where I want to mount them, thank you all for following!
See you next week
AugustL AugustL
  • Hardware murderer
  • Hardware murderer
  • From Sweden
  • Posted on: 2016/3/6 16:48
Re: Redox - By August #23
Hello there! I will start off by showing some of the new components for the build, I'm happy to say that 2x GTX 970 reference cards are at the post office and will be showcased in the buildinglog by the weekend, but for this update I decided to showcase something a bit more special, actually a package from EKWB that kindly stepped in and decided to contribute to this build, a huge thank you!

What's shown in the pictures are
EKWB SE Coolstream 240 Radiators
EKWB DDC Pump / Acetal top & black cover
Mattblack 16/10 tubing
EKWB 16/10 compression fittings
EKWB G1/4 pass-through
And a bottle of EKWB clear coolant

The only things missing in the watercooling department are the waterblocks and a few angles that should be arriving soon.

Here are a few pictures!

Resized Image
Resized Image
Resized Image
Resized Image
Resized Image
Resized Image
Resized Image
Resized Image
Resized Image

That's all for this update!
Thank you all for following.
rewarder rewarder
  • Webmaster
  • Webmaster
  • From Zürich CH
  • Group: Registered Users Webmasters
  • Posted on: 2016/3/7 7:33
Re: Redox - By August #24
Oh ... that looks like there is going to be a major update very soon on this build :O
AugustL AugustL
  • Hardware murderer
  • Hardware murderer
  • From Sweden
  • Posted on: 2016/3/18 18:00
Re: Redox - By August #25
Hello there! It's finally time for a new update as the new graphic cards have arrived and are slotted into the motherboard, so I thought I'd post a new update including some of the watercooling supplies and the new GPU's inside the computer, unfortunately this update was slightly delayed as I first ordered 2 Gainward GTX 970 cards and quite quickly changed my mind and went for the EVGA 970's instead. As they had much better looking waterblocks. 
But now the cards are here and the build can finally continue! The waterblocks for the GPUs and CPU will be purchased this weekend hopefully and you can surely expect some more modding throughout the coming updates.

Onwards to the pictures!
Resized Image
Resized Image
Resized Image
Resized Image
Resized Image
Resized Image
Resized Image
Resized Image
Resized Image
Resized Image
Resized Image
Resized Image
Resized Image
Resized Image
Resized Image
Resized Image
AugustL AugustL
  • Hardware murderer
  • Hardware murderer
  • From Sweden
  • Posted on: 2016/3/18 18:15
Re: Redox - By August #26
Quote:

rewarder wrote:
Oh ... that looks like there is going to be a major update very soon on this build :O

Major update just arrived!
Unfortunately there are a few more modifications I have to do until I can build the custom loop.
AugustL AugustL
  • Hardware murderer
  • Hardware murderer
  • From Sweden
  • Posted on: 2016/3/30 11:07
Re: Redox - By August #27

Hello there! I'm back after a short break as I'm mostly waiting for ny parts, finally the new CPU block has arrived and already recieved a rusty finish, most of the watercooling parts will be given some kind of touch to suit the build a bit better but I'm uncertain on what I will be doing to the components as I do not want to overwhelm the build with rust.

Resized Image
Resized Image

The new reservoir also arrived, though I can't make up my mind where to place it, I have a few ideas and I'm thinking of doing something a bit odd and make it poke out from the back of the PSU, what do you guys think?
The fan brackets have been removed and also got a rust finish, now I'm just waiting on some custom decals with different texts and logos to blend the rust a bit further. We're getting closer and closer to assembly!

Resized Image
Resized Image
Resized Image
Resized Image
Resized Image
Resized Image

Unfortunately I haven't recieved the GPU block yet as it has been delayed by the post office, but apart from that only a few modifications need to be done before I can start assembling everything. A big thank you to everyone who's following the buildlog
I really appreciate your feedback.

See you next week!
AugustL AugustL
  • Hardware murderer
  • Hardware murderer
  • From Sweden
  • Posted on: 2016/4/6 18:28
Re: Redox - By August #28

Hello there! I've fiddled around a bit more with the computer during this weekend and though that this would be a suitable time to post a little update regarding the waterblocks. All of the waterblocks have been mounted and test fitted on the motherboard for some glamour shots. I must say, I absolutely love the look of everything put together, and I think it will improve even more once the GPU blocks have gotten a few custom touches to fit in further.

The GPU blocks are currently untouched, but they are on the queue to get some custom touches in the modding department. Nothing huge but a few minimal changes to make it fit the look of the build.
Also, some good news! I spoke to BeQuiet! and we decided to send me one of their new PSU's from their Pure Power lineup, which I think will suit the build perfectly. So that will defintely be featured in the build log next week.

Onwards to the pictures!

Resized Image
Resized Image
Resized Image
Resized Image
Resized Image
Resized Image
Resized Image
Resized Image
rewarder rewarder
  • Webmaster
  • Webmaster