Finished - Project Black and Sleek - by rewarder
ok then ... I finally got it done.
After having the memory installed with the EK monarch blocks I didn't like them, which made me think what I'd have at hand to use instead. Luckily I had a quad channel kit of Corsair Vengeance RGB. I didn't want to use them in the first place because the lighting is very prominent and the shape of the heatspreaders is a bit too aggressive for my taste. But whatever ... it's the best alternative, so let's go.
I'd like to point out that I went for a parallel loop. I simply love it how clean it makes builds look when there are two tubes connecting the CPU block with the GPUs in parallel manner.
In the beginnin I also planned on using a 150mm reservoir. I actually already had that one installed when I though about trying out the 250mm that was in lying in a shelv, staring at me. After putting that one in place it was a no brainer to go with this one. It just has the perfect height.
After a small compulsory break – parts of Archangel’s apartment were being repainted – we could continue with our PC project. Now, we were finally turning to the installation of the water cooling components. At the chassis front, we had a planned to have a 360-radiator with 6 fans. The reservoir (Heatkiller Tube with DDC-pump) should be mounted on the inside of the middle fan. We had tried this at the beginning of the project – now it was getting serious.
Since it is quite narrow in the chassis, we had to think about what to install when. First, we assembled the Heatkiller Tube completely, including the brackets to screw it directly on a 120er fan. We also put on the fittings for the tubing.
The mounting kit from Watercool makes it easy to mount the reservoir on top of a radiator as you can see below. We also installed the flowmeter on the left. From there, a tube will go up to the GPU.
The complete setup measures 18 centimetres in height.
We aligned the inlet on the top of the reservoir with the CPU cooler, so that the tube will pass beautifully straight through the chassis. However, we had to do this before we screwed the radiator in, because otherwise we could no longer reach the screws of the reservoir bracket to loosen them.
Here, the first tubing is done – from the pump directly to the radiator.
Although it was my plan to start with this build already last week-end it got a little delayed, but here are a few pics on the building process.
I have to say I really like those two 1080's with completely black cooler!
As you can see I also installed the memory with the EK Monarch heatspreaders. But I have to say I don't like the looks of them that much That's actually a real pity ... I'm not sure yet what memory I'm going to use in the end