Today Respawn has released the first significant balancing patch for Apex Legends. The update addresses weapon balance and other issues. The software house, has tweaked two of the game's most powerful guns, the Wingman and the Peacekeeper.
The update doesn't add any new weapons, characters or other content. It looks like that the company wants first fix the actual game before add new elements. Alongside the patch notes, the studio took the opportunity to share some details about the hitbox size.
As you might know, the hitbox aren't the same for every characters. Respawn intends to reduce and optimize the hitbox size of the three largest characters like Pathfinder, Gibraltar and Caustic. If these changes aren't enough, the developments are considering a range of other changes such as natural damage reduction as well as individual kit power tweaks.
Below you can find the patch notes and the changes for Wingman and Peacekeeper:Wingman
- Rate of fire reduced from 3.1 2.6
- Skullpiercer Headshot damage multiplier reduced from 2.5 2.25
- Increased base hip fire spread and decreased the rate at which hip fire spread decays (shrinks back down).
Additional patch notes
- Shotgun Bolt rechamber rate has been reduced for the Peacekeeper only.
- Level 1 mitigation 10% 7.5%
- Level 2 mitigation 20% 13%
- Level 3 mitigation 25% 16%
- Wingman and Peacekeeper availability has been reduced in all zone tiers.
- Increased availability of energy weapons & ammo in all zone tiers.
COMING IN SEASON 1
- Caustic occasionally causing disconnects while throwing his Ultimate.
- Pathfinder occasionally causing disconnects when activating a Survey Beacon.
- Players occasionally causing disconnects when removing an attachment.
- Gibraltar occasionally causing disconnects when pulling up his Gun Shield.
- Players occasionally causing disconnects when entering Spectate Mode.
Major balance changes
Minor balance changes
- Hit box size reductions and optimizations for Caustic, Pathfinder and Gibraltar
- We’re better sizing hitboxes to character gear & model
- Since these adjustments have a MAJOR impact on the game, we want to make sure there aren't any major bugs, so we didn’t want to rush them out
- If these adjustments prove to be insufficient, we’ll consider additional adjustments during Season 1
- Traps - Reduced cooldown to 25 seconds from 30 seconds
- Traps - Increased radius and proximity radius by about 10%
- Traps - Removed a 1 second delay on the smoke dealing damage to players
- Insider Knowledge - Increased the number of beacons in the world to 12 from 10
- Care Package - Removed slight chance that level 4 armor and helmets will drop
- Into The Void - Cooldown increased from 20 25 seconds
- Double Time - Reduced move speed bonus to 30% from 40%
Source: Apex Legends