Nizr Nizr
  • Addict to condensation water
  • From Sweden
  • Group: Registered Users
  • Posted on: 2016/9/5 7:55
MODS BY BJÖRN - GLASER #1
Resized Image

Finally time for another project! You could say that I've been slacking, but after computex and the Inwin 24h modding competition where i met legends from the modding scene, my second daughter was born. So i've been busy not sleeping...

I went under the name "Nizr custom computers" but since I will do other things then modding i wanted to broden the name and "brand" if you will. This project and the ones to follow will be named after places and things from the Norse mythology - since I'm from Sweden and all

GLASER - Big tree with golden leafs that stands outside the gates of Valhalla. The name means 'The shiny'.

A big thank you to my sponsors!
Resized Image

This project will be built in an Inwin 901, this build will be a tribute to "oldschool" modding - long before I started modding. You will see a lot of PCB, copper and sleeving WITH heatshrink, the build will be water cooled to some extent.
You will not see any major re-builds or crazy mods, I won't turn this computer to "my little pony" or similar, this will be a modded PC that is beautiful to look at.

Welcome!
Nizr Nizr
  • From Sweden
  • Group: Registered Users
  • Posted on: 2016/9/5 7:55
Re: MODS BY BJÖRN - GLASER #2
Part 1
Cut it up - remove everything that i dont need.

Resized Image

Resized Image
I unscrewed everything and drilled out the rivets. There's probably 100 different ways to remove rivets - I drill.

Resized Image
Sawed off all the parts i didn't want and filed the edges.

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image
Preparing to paint the chassis, I first sand all the cut edges and then sand the whole frame quickly before i wash it and then dry it.

Resized Image

Resized Image
Before i painted the frame i put it back together. This time i used rivets, quick and easy. I prefer screws but I had problem finding the correct dimension and I didn't want to order screws.
I'll screw the custom panels, reservoir, pump etc instead.
MODS BY BJÖRN - GLASER [Sponsored Mods] - ocaholic