Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Update 4

Too many mods to specify a title too!!!

Hello and welcome!

I have been very busy with the Elegance project, trying to wrap things up and get it completed. There are a couple of things left on my list to do, but nothing too major. I am slowly getting around to posting the images up on the net for you guys to see, so bare with me during this process!

There are a few things that I have been working on that I would like to show with this update, so in normal fashion I shall name what it is that I have done with a brief description, then reveal the photos of that work. Please enjoy!!

Front button modding, making some custom cables which were perfect in length. These have been sleeved, but that is for another update!

Resized Image

Next up, I sacrificed an unused GTX780 reference cooler, and reused the aluminium circle from the fan on my Cryorig QF120 CPU tower fan. Stylish

Resized Image

I noticed that the inside of the Metis chassis was unbrushed, so I took out the front panel, gave it a brush and clear-coat and reinstalled it. Looks sweet!

Resized Image

As much I love the OCZ SSD for it's documented reliability, I love it's aluminium shell even more. So I removed the sticker and gave that a hit with 80grit sandpaper and clear-coat as well!

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Last but defnitely not least is the massive window modding that I have completed for this project! These two windows give a fantastic view of all of the parts and custom sleeving, and look great to boot! I am really happy to have had you - the community help me with the decision of which design would be the most original and best looking. You guys really know something nice when you see it!! Final reveal of the window mod will be revealed with the final images when the project is completed.

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Next update will be presented within a week or so, and will feature a new sponsor and some sleeving goodness! Let me know what you think of the project so far, and what I can do to make it even better

Thanks for reading,
Justin "MetallicAcid" Ohlsen

rewarder rewarder
  • Webmaster
  • Webmaster
  • From Zürich CH
  • Group: Registered Users Webmasters
  • Posted on: 2015/4/9 10:41
Re: Elegance by MetallicAcid #32
Great shape for the windows. They look awesome!
MetallicAcid MetallicAcid
  • Discovered the hairdryer
  • From Sweden
  • Group: Registered Users
  • Posted on: 2015/4/11 21:31
Re: Elegance by MetallicAcid #33

MetallicAcid's
Resized Image

Thank you to my sponsors:

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Update 5
Reveal for the custom PSU shroud
Sponsor update
Custom cables

Well hello there friends!

I have another large update for you guys, and this time I have the reveal for the custom PSU shroud, the custom sleeved cables, and a sponsor announcement!

With this update I would like to introduce Ultimate Personal Computers as a sponsor, who have donated a generous amount of sleeving and extra little bits and pieces needed so I can make my custom length cables look the best in the world. I have actually chosen instead of taking them on their offer as I believe that Adam's Aegis sleeving is the best to work with, and is just as pleasant to work with when I compare them too MDPC sleeving.

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Next up I have the reveal for the PSU shroud which I have made from Aluminium, and hole mesh. This shroud is made from a single piece of Aluminium, and has been given a brushed finish so that it matches the outside of the chassis. I have also given it a clear coat so that it protects the shroud from oxidization and scratches.

There is a hole mesh which has been brushed and clear coated as well. This is to give a nice design feature, but also to allow airflow to the 80mm fan located on the PSU.

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Now just a little text update on what is coming up in the next update: I am currently working on the floor panel, which will be of the same design as the PSU shroud, and I am also working on a panel which sits beside the motherboard, and behind the PSU shroud. These panels will be installed so that there is almost no visible seems, and give a nice overall classy look to the inside of the chassis.

I will soon work on a custom GPU backplate, and a custom panel for behind the motherboard. I will then go ahead and start installing the hardware and wiring up some LED lighting.

What do you guys think of the project so far? Please let me know!! I am always trying to think of new and fresh ideas to make my modded projects stand out from everything else in the world!

With kind regards,

rewarder rewarder
  • Webmaster
  • Webmaster
  • From Zürich CH
  • Posted on: 2015/4/13 5:22
Aw: Elegance by MetallicAcid #34
Great update once again! The PSU shroud looks awesome! That's one of the things where vendors should ask themselves why they're not doing something like this.
LucaRocchi LucaRocchi
  • Started insulating
  • Started insulating
  • From Milan, IT
  • Posted on: 2015/4/13 12:47
Re: Elegance by MetallicAcid #35
Purple is so nice color! I don't understand why no one use it!
  • From Sweden
  • Posted on: 2015/4/13 21:14
Re: Aw: Elegance by MetallicAcid #36
Quote:

rewarder wrote:
Great update once again! The PSU shroud looks awesome! That's one of the things where vendors should ask themselves why they're not doing something like this.

Thank you Rewarder! I might have a market to sell these custom shrouds too

/J
  • From Sweden
  • Posted on: 2015/4/13 21:15
Re: Elegance by MetallicAcid #37
Quote:

LucaRocchi wrote:
Purple is so nice color! I don't understand why no one use it!

Purple is so underused and really striking. It is by far my favourite colour, and this sleeving is just drool worthy!

/J
  • From Sweden
  • Posted on: 2015/4/23 8:08
Re: Elegance by MetallicAcid #38

MetallicAcid's
Resized Image

Thank you to my sponsors:

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Update 6

This was supposed to be the last update, but I accidently thought of more things to fabricate....

Hello and welcome again to Justin's house of madness, where I continue to make my own life difficult and come up with more and more ideas that only prolong the finish date of this modding project!! Haha

Every time I look at what I have created so far, I always look and most of the time find more things to do to this project. If I continue like this, I will never be finished!

Todays update includes several new features, all hand made and fabricated from 100% recycled materials from my workplace. Not only are they very nice, they are also environmentally friendly! But enough jibber-jabber from me, and onwards with the update.

First up we have another custom cable. This time it is a SATA power cable, which is just 7cm long

Resized Image

Resized Image

Next up, I fabricated an aluminium plate which blends the Cryorig H7 CPU tower into the overall design

Resized Image

Resized Image

I installed the OCZ Arc100 SSD

Resized Image

I fabricated a GPU backplate/shroud thingy

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

I am currently working on a backplate which covers the CPU towers support plate, and which will be visible through a windowed side panel. Design that will appear on this panel is not finalized though

Resized Image

Resized Image

As work continues, I find myself thinking that I do not want for this project to finish. I am having way too much fun with it Anyways, thank you so much for reading and I hope that you have enjoyed this update.

Kind regards,

• From Sweden
  • Posted on: 2015/5/8 7:05
Re: Elegance by MetallicAcid #39
Hey everyone,

Just to let you all know, I am working on the final photos for Elegance. Here is a small teaser

This project has also been nominated as MOTM here on Bit Tech, so please head over and cast your vote for Elegance [url]http://www.bit-tech.net/modding/mod-of-the-month/2015/05/07/mod-of-the-month-april-2015/1[/url]

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

With Best regards,
Justin
  • From Sweden
  • Posted on: 2015/5/11 11:40
Re: Elegance by MetallicAcid #40

MetallicAcid's

Resized Image

A modding project made possible by the following contributors:

Resized Image
Resized Image
Resized Image
Resized Image
Resized Image
Resized Image
Resized Image
Resized Image

Update 7
The Grand Finalé

Hello friends!

Today, I update this build log for the last time with the final photos for my Raijintek Metis modding project - Elegance.

I would like to give a massive thank you to all of the vendors who have supported this project with their products, but most of all I would like to thank you (Yes you reading this!!) for being here, taking interest and giving feedback during this entire process. Without your help and support, I would not be able to do what I love to do - To create PC art!

So without further blabber and fluff, it is with great joy that I present to you the final images of my latest completed project - Elegance by MetallicAcid.

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Please be sure to check out my Facebook page for my upcoming project, involving an In Win S-Frame chassis, some white PCB hardware, some crafty aluminium panels and chromed water cooling tubing

Kind regards,

Re: Elegance by MetallicAcid [Sponsored Mods] - ocaholic