montymole montymole
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • From England
  • Group: Registered Users
  • Posted on: 2015/1/6 23:01
Hex Gear R40 Black Ice #1
Resized Image

Hello folks and welcome to this single post build log featuring the all new Hex Gear R40. Let me begin by thanking Nate and Hans for giving me one of 6 cases that have been sent out to the lucky people to be asked to work with this amazing case that has been designed with much thought about what makes a great case to build a water-cooled PC or an Air cooled if that is what you want to do. From the moment you open the box It is a joy to work with, very simple to construct in less than an hour from flat this is not an Ikea wardrobe it’s so simple yet so effective and somewhat heavy once built you do get a nice manual in the box and can build it in remote location with no internet. So the project is only a single post as the mods are not heavy just some low key stuff decals the odd change of colour with some paint and was really all about the Case as nothing needs to be done to it to build a W/C PC aside from drilling some holes in a detachable pump/res bracket so without going on too much here are some pictures of the case I have decided on using mine inverted and I got the white one and opted for frosted white acrylic accents I am sure by the time retail happens there will be a whole number of colours and types of acrylic as an option from the standard black or whites accents. So here she is photographed outside in the frost the other night.

Resized Image
Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

The Hardware:
CPU: Intel i7 4770k @4.4Ghz
M/B: Asus Z97 Gryphon Armour Edition
GFX: Asus GTX 780 CUII SLi
RAM: Corsair Dominator GT 2000 MHz
SSD: Samsung EVO 840 250GB
HDD: 1TB Seagate hybrid drive
PSU: BitFenix Fury 750Watt

Cooling:
EK Supremacy CPU block with naked mounting kit
EK D5 140 Pump/Res Combo
EK 90 degree fittings
Bitspower 12mm OD fittings
Bitspower Drain valve and assorted fittings
HW Labs Stealth 360mm and 240mm Radiators
E22 Ultra Clear Tube
3 x 120mm Noise blocker eLoops
4 x 120mm BitFenix Spectre Pro Fans
Ice Dragon coolant

Extras / Mods/Changes
E22 3mm Cable Combs
Darkside UV lights
Use of my new Vinyl Plotter 
Painted :
Aluminium profiles matte black
GPU Back plate’s matte black
M/B Armour white
Ram Heat sinks white
CPU block thumb screws white

So here we go with some photos to show what happened once Nate dropped of the case and asked me to do my thing with it as soon as possible  .
Naked Intel 4770kResized Image

White Armour for the Z97 Asus
Resized Image

Resized Image

The only drilling you need to do if you want to mount your pump or res to the detachable plate.
Resized Image
Making some Decals with the Plotter
Resized Image
Resized Image

Think we need new thermal pads these ones look a little used but hey they will do one more time 
Resized Image

Had to give the back plates some matt black to match the profiles that I painted as the silver was not right for this build.
Resized Image
Next it was time to do this bit.
Resized Image
Resized Image
Resized Image

Then time for this.
Resized Image

So next it was time to take some photos of the filled loop and the case in all its glory.

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image
Resized Image
Resized Image
Resized Image
Resized Image
Resized Image

Resized Image
Resized Image

Some shots with the UV lights on

Resized Image
Resized Image

Before I go I must say that if you are in the market for a new case and you are thinking of getting one of these when they go retail then just do it you will be happy and know you got what you paid for and as a LAN rig the only worry would be the damage done to whatever this case hit if you dropped it as it’s like a sexy tank just pure quality all round. Designed with love owned with love and will forever hold a place like the TJ07 in my heart as a proper PC case hell I think I’ll buy a black one myself just a nice addition to my collection.

That is all for now folks I will take more Photographs soon maybe outside if we get some more frost 
Edited by LucaRocchi on 2015/1/6 23:47:02
rewarder rewarder
  • Webmaster
  • Webmaster
  • From Zürich CH
  • Group: Registered Users Webmasters
  • Posted on: 2015/1/7 9:20
Re: Hex Gear R40 Black Ice #2
Hi montymole and a very warm welcome to ocaholic!

Thanks a lot for sharing your great build here! That black and white color scheme in combination with your lighting looks simply stunning! Great job man!
montymole montymole
  • Just popping in
  • Just popping in
  • From England
  • Group: Registered Users
  • Posted on: 2015/1/7 12:11
Re: Hex Gear R40 Black Ice #3
Quote:

rewarder wrote:

Thanks a lot for sharing your great build here! That black and white color scheme in combination with your lighting looks simply stunning! Great job man!

Thank you and sorry I not joined in here earlier Forums and build logs are my nemesis and 2015 I face them with lots of logs and posts so you will be sick of me soon
rewarder rewarder
  • Webmaster
  • Webmaster
  • From Zürich CH
  • Group: Registered Users Webmasters
  • Posted on: 2015/1/7 13:53
Re: Hex Gear R40 Black Ice #4
Quote:

montymole wrote:
Quote:

rewarder wrote:

Thank you and sorry I not joined in here earlier Forums and build logs are my nemesis and 2015 I face them with lots of logs and posts so you will be sick of me soon

I like this kind of sickness just hit me ... I'm ready for it
Hex Gear R40 Black Ice [Build Logs / Projects] - ocaholic