Browsing this Thread: 1 Anonymous Users
LucaRocchi LucaRocchi
  • Started insulating
  • Started insulating
  • From Milan, IT
  • Group: Registered Users Webmasters
  • Posted on: 2014/10/11 12:34
All-in-one coolers on GPU #1
In this thread I will show how mount all-in-one watercooling on GPU. Since from some years this way looks good and promising, at the moment there are many "retention system" custom and not.

First of all we have to specify that not all the AIO are compatible and you have to check if your waterblock/pump is with square or circular shape. In addition, before everything I suggest to check the lenghts of the tubes since sometimes you can have the spot but you can't reach it!

Last but not least, often with AIO you cool down only the GPU but you have to cool down with an adeguate cooling even vmem and the other chips. For this purpose I suggest to use passive heatsink and there are a lot of models on market. You can go with Zalman, Alphacool, EnzoTech or EK-Waterblocks. Copper, not-copper, high-profile, low-profile etc. There are tons of models for every specific purpose.

How can I mount the AIO on my GPU?
Well, like I said there are many system and the most cheap and common is with zip-ties. Despite is not so easy and require some good time, it's almost free since zip-ties are very common and cheap. Honestly I don't like this way since is not perfect and you can't check the pressure on the chip, but is still a way.

Resized Image

Resized Image

Sadly the site is down and looks like that is not available anymore, but on OCN.net there was a guy (TripCC / DWood) able to create little retention kit even for custom cards. If you are skilled in CAD and you have the right tools/friends you can create them by yourself.

Resized Image

For example there is this one from Kustom PCs, but I guess there are many others.

Resized Image

From some period is available this little adapter from NZXT, the Kraken G10 is compatible with some AIO and costs around 50 Euro. The solutions looks pretty cool since inside there is even a fan for vmem and other components. Remember that the cooler is compatible with only reference solutions. NZXT is available in black, white, red and blue.

Resized Image

Resized Image

Official site
Compatibility list:
NZXT : Kraken X61, Kraken X41, Kraken X31, Kraken X60, Kraken X40
Corsair : H105, H110, H90, H75, H55 , H50 (CW-9060006-WW only)
Antec : KUHLER H2O 920V4, KUHLER H2O 620V4, KUHLER H2O 920, KUHLER H2O 620
Thermaltake : Water 3.0 Extreme, Water 3.0 Pro, Water 3.0 Performer, Water 2.0 Extreme, Water 2.0 Pro, Water 2.0 Performer
Zalman : LQ-320, LQ-315, LQ-310

Arctic Cooling is a very famous company mostly for air-cooling but from some years even this company is able to provide some good solution with AIO. At first was available the first revision named "Accelero Hybrid", with a black cover/frame and a small white fan.

Resized Image

Resized Image

Now is available the new model "Accelero Hybrid II" that allows a better passive cooling of all the components placed on the PCB. Despite the very good solution the card need a lot of space.

Resized Image

Resized Image

Edited by LucaRocchi on 2014/10/11 12:59:50
Edited by LucaRocchi on 2014/10/11 15:48:55
LucaRocchi LucaRocchi
  • Started insulating
  • Started insulating
  • From Milan, IT
  • Group: Registered Users Webmasters
  • Posted on: 2014/10/11 12:35
Re: All-in-one coolers on GPU #2
There is also another way....but you will see soon