Advertisment

Forum Index


Board index » All Posts (BulldoggeBuilds)




Re: Salvage
#1
Just popping in
Just popping in


I'd say that this project is a finished product by now. Photos have been taken and I feel quite satisfied with it... think I managed to squeeze in a couple of modifications but still keep it clean and not spaced out to much

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Now I have to disassemble the project and put it on a pallet... going to Taiwan for Computex

Posted on: 4/5 10:23
Top


Re: Salvage
#2
Just popping in
Just popping in


More or less done with this project... some minor polishing and small details... and to fix the cable management in the back. So 99% done I'd say
Once I'm 100% done I'll upload more pictures!

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

The top I had made for this project turned out just the way I had planned, really happy with this!

Resized Image

The project name on the PSU-shroud also turned out just the way I wanted it. I didn't want a smooth surface, rather a rugged one... so just as planned!

Resized Image

Posted on: 3/11 20:06
Top


Re: Salvage
#3
Just popping in
Just popping in


Pieces painted and waiting for the glue to dry... can't wait to put these where they belong

Resized Image

Resized Image

Posted on: 3/9 19:56
Top


Re: Salvage
#4
Just popping in
Just popping in


Yesterday the final two pieces for this project finally arrived...

Resized Image

My plan with these are to use them like this...

Resized Image

I'm also going to put two acrylic pieces behind them...

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Primer, then they're going to be painted black...

Resized Image

I also took the time to redo the top part since I wasn't exactly happy with the color when it was put directly on aluminium...

Resized Image

Posted on: 3/8 17:25
Top


Re: Salvage
#5
Just popping in
Just popping in


Started painting all the parts... the metal part for the top, the backplate, the plate with the project name and the part where the SSD will sit...

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

After two days of headache after each painting session I realized I had to buy one of these...

Resized Image

So now it was no issues with headaches and all pieces could be finalized...

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Now it's just to put them where they're supposed to be. The final pieces will arrive this week so this project is not far off now

Posted on: 3/5 16:23
Top


Re: Salvage
#6
Just popping in
Just popping in


Had some spare time, so I sat down and thought I'd make a pattern of some kind for the graphics card backplate and the plate for the SSD. There's a possibility to have this done in a printer for this specific thing... but at the same time I think it's fun with a personal touch. So instead of just black plates I came up with this

Resized Image

Resized Image

And primer and painting have begun...

Resized Image

So things are slowly moving forward

Posted on: 2/28 17:17
Top


Re: Salvage
#7
Just popping in
Just popping in


Went down to the basement today to prepare everything for the paiting that I'll be doing this weekend. While I was at it I did a new backplate for the graphics card so I can paint that as well. Today I also got the news that this project will go to Computex and can be seen in the be quiet! booth at Computex

Resized Image

Resized Image

Posted on: 2/26 19:05
Top


Re: Salvage
#8
Just popping in
Just popping in


My dear "Modderbrother" Zeuligan was kind enough to 3D-print my logo. This will be painted and put in the front of the case instead of my CNC-cut piece that I couldn't use...

Resized Image

Resized Image

Posted on: 2/22 13:59
Top


Re: Salvage
#9
Just popping in
Just popping in


I thought it would be a waste not to use that nice looking piece for the front. So I took the front part of my old project and cut it so I can use it there instead.

Resized Image

The psu shroud is cut open and I've made a piece of acrylic that will be lit up with the name of the project on it.

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

And I've of course cut the top open so I can use that nice looking top piece...

Resized Image

Posted on: 2/20 16:47
Top


Re: Salvage
#10
Just popping in
Just popping in


As stated, I've already made some modifications by now. I planned to cut an opening in the top and in the front of the case and I had some parts made for this...

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

My plans was to use a similar design for both the front and the top... but I realized that the front was designed in a way that cutting the entire piece in a similar way as the top was a no go

Resized Image

Resized Image

So I'll be going with a solid front and come up with some other stuff for that part... pictures of my solution for that will come in a future update.

Posted on: 2/20 16:46
Top



TopTop
(1) 2 »



Forum - All Posts - ocaholic